I recently started a new gig as an SEO, making the jump from marketing in a more traditional sense with some SEO thrown in. When I tried to explain to my family what it is their little boy would be getting paid to do now I quickly found myself scrambling for analogies.
Archive for the 'Uncategorized' Category
- The A-Z List for Web Designers
- A/B Testing Usability A to B
- Four Tips for Freelancing During Adversity
- Web Design Inspiration: Inspiring and Creative Web Interface Designs
- Less is More: Simplifying your User Experience
- 11 Design Blogs with a specific focus
Design plays a big part in every aspect of web development, Seo, making conversions and just about every other aspect of the web. Here are some articles I came across this week that give some good insight to different design elements. Enjoy!
Online music services are hard enough to get off the ground and maintain. Figuring out a pricing model that is attractive to your customers, lucrative for you and enough for the music industry is no easy task. The three parties need to be balanced, each one needs to be happy enough to continue to do business with the other. When one of those parties falls out of balance, everything comes apart.
It’s Monday and we’re all wishing it was Sunday, our fun day. But it’s not so grab a cup of coffee and catch up on what you missed from over the weekend.
- Entrepreneurial Enlightenment
- 7 Difficult Client Expectations You Will Encounter In SEO
- The Laides Night Strategy
- What One Does
- How To Identify A Font
- Why Do So Many New-Media Startups Commit Suicide
Here are some of the most interesting articles I came across this week. Let me know if I missed something you think should be on here!
- What Does Your Site Say About Your Organizations Personality?
- How Our Startup Got Featured On CNN
- $100k in Revenues in 12 Months- Wow!
- 121 Creative Advertisements That’ll Make You Look Twice
- Do SEO’s Bear the Burden of a Company’s Conversions?
- 5 Unique Calls to Action That Will Make You Click Twice
- 10 Foolproof Ways to Promote Your App in the App Store
- Sales Psychology: Why People Won’t Pay Your Rates
- How To Handle Difficult Client Situations by @DesignFollow
- Top SEO Blogs to Follow to Become an Expert by Geek Sucks
- 13 Ways to Get $10 Million in Revenues by TechCrunch
- Online vs Offline, Service is a Game of Telephone by AdAge
Did you have a crazy week of work? I know I did but I also had time to put together this list of great articles and blogs I came across. They cover different topics like Design, SEO, Marketing and Entrepreneurship. So, here is your chance to catch up on something you might have missed.
Of course I couldn’t find everything, so if I left off your favorite for the week please use the new Weekly/Weekend Round Up Submission Form and let me know about it!
- Should You Outsource Your Blog? 5 Questions to Consider
- Multiple Domains vs Subdomains vs Folders in SEO
- 4 Tips to Increase Conversions for Subscription (Recurring) Revenue
- Discover Proven Money-Making Results for PPC Text Ads…Guaranteed
- 7 Simple SEO Tasks to Complete for a New Site
- The 5 Deadly Sins of Voicemail
- Social Media Insights from Predictive Analytics
- 10 Detailed Tips for Managing Adwords Campaigns
- 23 Entrepreneurs Reveal How They Have Built Their Communities
- Why Every Entrepreneur Should Write and 9 Tips To Get Started
- Going Fremmium: One Year Later
- When Creative Conflict is A Good Thing
- Foursquare Marketing Hits and Misses: 5 Case Studies
- 6 Reasons Your Startup May Be Viable but Not Fundable
- Brand Trends on Facebook
- Google Webmaster Updates SEO Starter Guide
- Branding Your Freelancing Business: Personal Name vs Business Name
- What Mortal Kombat Can Teach Us About Entrepreneurship
- The 9 Worst Ways to Use Twitter for Business
- White Hats: This is Why You’re Getting Beaten
- Design for Conversion -Cialdini’s 6 Weapons of Influence
Here are the best articles I found this weekend all centrally located so you don’t have to spend your Monday morning surfing the web to see what you missed.
- The 3 Keys to Success with Freemium
- The Spirit Of The Times
- How to Find Work The Work You Love
- 30 Guerilla Marketing Tactics for Freelance Designers
- 5 Keys To Avoiding Social Media Fatigue
- 10 Essential Pages in Your Freelance Website
- A Copy Of Your Records
- Why You Have Read “The Way We’re Working Isn’t Working”
- 6 Natural Energy Foods To Revive You At Work
- Overall Conversion Rates Are Useless
- Social Media Can Change Corporate Culture
- Protecting Your Site From Getting Hacked
- 70 Awesomely Creative Flyer Designs
- 5 Best Presentation Creation Tools
- 102 Proven Social Media Headlines
Crazy week at work? Didn’t get a chance to check out all your blogs or articles? Well don’t worry, I’ve done some of the leg work for you.
Here are the best SEO/Entrepreneurship/Marketing articles I came across this week.
Please comment and let me know if I missed any that you thought were great and everyone should read! Continue reading “The Best in SEO, Marketing and Entrepreneurship Weekly Roundup 9/20-9/25” »
It is inevitable that at some point you will screw up something with a client. It might be a billing issue or it might be a customer support snafu, it will happen. You’ll do everything you can to make sure everyone is happy and everything runs smoothly but the crap will hit the fan. It is how you handle it at that point which is what is important. Continue reading “You Will Screw Up Eventually, It Is How You Handle It That Counts.” »